Week 5: About our School

This week, we had to write about our school. Our objective was to choose two out of the eight tasks. I chose two and four. They are Share Your School and What Happens at Break Times.

How I Get To School and About My School:

I get to school by car. My mom and I live really close (within walking distance) so I don’t have to wake up early. My dad, on the other hand, doesn’t live that close. We live all the way in Hawaii Kai, so the drive is about 30 minutes. The school I go to is called Honpa Hongwanji Mision School. It is a Japanese school, so we do have to learn the language, but not fluently. We have seven periods: four main classes and three resource classes, which include electives. I favor choice electives because we get to choose the class. This trimester I got movies, which is the best choice elective because JUST LOOK AT THE NAME!!!

What Happens at Breaks

During breaks (or recess and lunch), we will usually talk and play on our devices. If we are SUPER bored, we will play basketball, tag, or soccer. At lunch, we will do the same thing. I think the most fun I ever had at recess was when I was in fourth grade and I brought banana tag to our school. It was so fun because at first it was just me and my friends, then it was the girls, then the fifth graders, then the middle school. It was so crazy until the cheaters came and ruined the game. But, they weren’t the reason the game was banned. It was THE SLAP. So basically THE SLAP started with a girl (we’ll call her Jessie). So this Jessie went to tag someone (me) and I ducked and she went flying into the fence. She didn’t get hurt. I knew that because she got up and went after me, but I was too fast so she went after someone else. She was mad- like mad mad. Then she went to tag the other kid but I guess she put a little too much force and slapped him. After that, the teachers banned banana tag from our school because he told his parents and yaaaa.
There’s another story about a school game that was banned because of me, but you’re gonna have to wait for another time. For now I’m signing off. BYE!!!